Friday 12 August 2011

The Mewnick Files.

You know, before I got all worldly and travelled, my biggest dream was to live in a fairy castle filled with ice cream and ponies overseas. I wanted to know what places were like. I needed to know what Mexico was like, people lived in Mexico, and I had never seen it.

For the record, I got to Tijuana.....I know....but at least it's across the border...right? Right.

I've been living in Germany for about nine years now...three of those have been in München. I feel I am now qualified to give you a virtual one of these!

I went out specially for you guys on this glorious day.....No, I lie, Big O needed some new trousers (I know, calm down) and I snapped these on my way to the city...but at least I stopped and took piccies yes? Yes.

Moonick Sightseeing Tour Number One is now under way!


It took me about ten minutes to walk into the city today, Mini O slept the whole time, bless his cotton socks (which he wasn't actually wearing, because it was too hot see, so I just stuffed them down the side of his pram and...ok, whatever).
So I was able to concentrate and do some of my best photographic work for you!...dubious.

Main drag- Ludwigstrasse, which turns into Leopoldstrasse, and I never know which bit I'm on (hmmm)... busy busy busy...not.


And looking towards downtown...ooh, a car!

And then.....this!


YEAH!

There are garbage trucks in Munich.


 and scooters...


 and bikes...


You know, some of these poor bikes stand here all day.... some of them even pass out....


Should I call someone?
........
You can buy a newspaper, you just chuck your money in the slot and take one.


 And then move on to Starbucks to read it.


They serve wonderful strudel here.


 And have chairs like this to sit on....comfy!

And you can look across Ludwig...or is it now Leopoldstrasse...?? ...and admire the beautiful old Theatiner Kirche....while you eat strudel. Oh, and by the way, they have a strudel with Marillen apricot....i think...I should google that...delightful.


Moving downtown, and you see this....


And this....


And him...


There are actually 4 lions, see that little gold face at the bottom? You rub it for luck....as you can see, all the rubbing has kept the face clean... people are counting on him...pressure man.



 This is Odeonsplatz...(the side of it...I was rushing a bit...sorry).


 I had to hurry down here...I was trying to beat the lunchtime crowds...


 No such luck though...

And just why did I have to beat them?...Ummmm...I really don't know....I just felt in my heart that I should and one must always follow ones heart.


 Pretty in pink!


 You know, I only just noticed the big garbage bin??? My powers of observation knows no bounds! Guten Appetit!



 And when only Armani will do, there is Cafe Armani.......they asked me to move along, I mean really...


 Looking towards the centre of the city and the SHOPS!!!....many rivers to cross...


 Was startin' to feel the heat by now, and was eyeing off these bikes...I could just tie the pram on to the back couldn't I.....with my Macgyver shoe lace.....that I didn't have.....huh?


 Speaking of prams, is this not organised and considerate? Becuse there is work going on on the footpath, pedestrian traffic gets directed onto the road, and so you don't bump, bang, crash your pram wheels down the gutter, there is a temporary ramp! (too bad you get run over by Autos...)


This is Marienplatz, where, if you're a local and have more than two brain cells to rub together, you don't go to for shopping between 9am and 11pm on any given daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.....('specially Sundiy....cause they're shut...) Fortunately my one brain cell was on holidays or I would never have gotten Big O's trousers...


 And in case, like me, you're feelin' the heat...you can hail youself one of these!


 Here are some tourists on a tour, learning things that I already know.


 And the city hall, which in German is called Rathaus.....My father would agree.



In between last photo and this one, I made my purchases and had to hightail it home. I'm now standing on Odeonsplatz looking away from the city (looking North actually...my husband talks like that, so I have to know what he's talking about......which.....I don't.....it's better that way).

So, that's that. That's my Walk into Town tour. Next time, I think I need to do a Walk to the Day Spa tour...

You know.....that....is inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment